Saturday, August 25, 2007

NISHA KOTHARI IS BOWLED OVER BY TOLLYWOOD FILMMAKERS' PROFESSIONALISM, ANY TAKERS?


ON HER FORAYS INTO TOLLYWOOD:
I am currently working opposite Balakrishna in Okka Mogadu. It's been a fantastic experience. I am awe struck by the colour and vibrancy of Telugu cinema. The people are very cordial and thorough professionals. I would love to work again provided the opportunity.

ON HER SEX SYMBOL IMAGE:
It's very flattering and embarrassing at the same time. I don't think I am sexy at all. I am a very conservative person at heart. But it's some thing that comes with a job and I have not done anything that's vulgar. But I do not want to be typecast and want to try out different roles and grow as an actress.

ON HER ENTRY INTO FILMS:
I had actually made my debut as Amoga in a Tamil film Jay Jay opposite Madhavan in 2003. I had left my portfolio at Ramuji's office and to my surprise I got a call for an audition and I was offered a role in Sarkar. All of a sudden I was rubbing shoulders with stalwarts like Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek, Ajay Devagan. It's been a great learning experience so far but I still have miles to go.

ON BASANTI VS GHUNGROO:
It would be unfair to compare me with a legend like Hema Malini. My character has no shades of Basanti. Ghungroo is a city girl who is in stark contrast with the village bred Basanti. She is a tomboy who smokes bidis (imitating her favourite actor- Rajnikanth), is fearless and speaks a tapori lingo. I had to work very hard on my body language and expression, as she wears a new expression in every scene. Now it's up to the audience to decide.

ON HER IDEAL MAN:
I'd rather wait for him to turn up for the element of surprise.

No comments:

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM