Wednesday, July 18, 2007

AMRITA RAO BOWLS OVER RENOWNED ARTIST M F HUSSAIN WITH HER SMALL TOWN LOOKS

Ram Charan Teja is not the only one raring to act with Mahesh Babu's dream girl in Athidi Amrita Rao. M F Hussain has been raving about the girl, so much so, that today she is his muse. He has seen Vivah, God knows how many times, and totally smitten by her simple looks, he has started a series of paintings on her.

Here is what Hussain has to say about Amrita Rao:

"I’ve already started my series on Amrita Rao and I just can’t seem to stop. For me she represents the small town girl of India, an aspect of womanhood no one seems to remember in any form of artistic expression today -– in art, cinema, drama or literature.

"I’m trying to paint a woman who is not aggressive.. but is still very strong in her values and attitudes. I’ve been seeing Vivah over and over again..don’t ask me how many times though…I’ll tell you that next year.

"She was very shy and courteous. When I saw her before me, I was taken back to the days when I was a boy in Indore. I would see such lovely girls in the gullies and bylanes. They would walk with a faint smile but their faces would look away.”

And what does Amrita feel?

“My friends told me that being an artist’s muse; one has sit in front of him for hours together. But Husainsaab just needs to say ‘statue’ and I’d freeze forever!”

No comments:

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM