Sunday, July 22, 2007

TANU ROY IS DOING ITEM NUMBERS AND HAS THE GUTS TO SAY SHE DOESN'T HAVE A CHOICE



Here is one actress who takes life as it comes. And doesn't give us bakwas over whatever she has been doing. Tanu Roy, the heroine of Itlu Sravani Subramanyam, has been lying low for quite some time. Though the film catapulted Ravi Teja into the big league, poor Tanu couldn't cash in on her popularity. Her only notable films after Itlu... have been Anandam, where she did a decent role, and Manasantha Nuvve. After that, she was deserted by Dame Luck, and like others of her ilk, she ended up doing itsy-bitsy roles, which have been forgotten by the audiences. Naturally, she veered towards item numbers.

That is where we caught up with her while shooting for an item number for a Naresh starrer Pellikani Prasad. "I want to do good roles, but what do I do when I don't get roles that I aspire for, I have to settle for whatever I get," she says matter-of-factly and doesn't couch her 'item' act in what's-wrong-in-doing-item-numbers talk. Your frankness will take you a long way Tanu Roy.

No comments:

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM