Thursday, July 19, 2007

SHILPA SHETTY IS BASKING IN THE GLORY OF HER ENGLISH SUMMER -- GETS LEEDS UNIVERSITY DOCTORATE



Bollywood diva Shilpa Shetty, who attained international fame with her success in the reality television show, Celebrity Big Brother,is surprised at being chosen for an honorary doctorate by a leading UK university.

The 32-year-old, who became the youngest Indian actor to receive the honour from Leeds Metropolitan University, felt it was a "huge honour" to join the ranks of Yash Chopra, Amitabh Bachchan and Shabana Azmi.

"It came as a huge surprise to me as well. But I was really, really humbled and I accept it. I don't know how to react," she told CNN-IBN in London on being chosen for the honour for her outstanding contribution to cultural diversity.

The Mangalore-born actor said it is going to be a "life-long relationship" with the university, but at the moment she will prefer to bask in the glory.

"...They bestowed this honour to me. So I have to act responsibly and I have tried my best to do my best in whatever I have done in my life and I am going to continue to do so," she said.

No comments:

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM