Tuesday, September 25, 2007

THE EX-FACTOR GETS A JLo PUSH: THE HISPANIC ACTRESS TO REPLACE SHARON OSBOURNE


Hollywood's highest-paid Hispanic actress Jennifer Lopez may soon replace Sharon Osbourne as a judge on the British reality television show The X-Factor.

"Sharon is set to quit the show at the end of the current season. Jennifer knows that she's got a massive fan base in the UK," the media reported on Monday, quoting a source close to the actress as saying.

Apart from Osbourne, other judges on the show are Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue.

"Getting Dannii Minogue on board has proved a big hit. Now Simon Cowell wants to take the show to the next level and make X-Factor an international success. People Stateside will tune in just to see Jen.

"She won't come cheap but Simon knows it will be a great investment -- just the thing the show needs to become a hit in the States," the source told The People newspaper.

JLo, who is rumoured to be pregnant with her first child, had recently said that she would not do any more nude scenes in her movies.

"In the beginning I did some and I was really lucky because they would cut my (nude) scenes out -- so there is only one out there or something like that.

"I'm not comfortable with it, I'll be honest with you -- not at this point in my career. I love the idea of being a bold actress and I am quite fearless when I work but there is just something about it that just feels not quite right to me -- a bit exploiting," JLo told a British chat show.

No comments:

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM