Saturday, September 29, 2007

THE NIGHTINGALE OF INDIA TURNS 78, STILL GOING STRONG

Lata Mangeshkhar, the doyen of playback singing, turned 78 today, and the film industry wished her good health to continue mesmerising generations with her voice.

As the Nightingale of India celebrated a quiet birthday, it was time for other leading musicians to shower praise on Lata.

"I worked with her as a junior artiste. But she brought me up to the position that I am today. My compositions from films like Rudaali are still remembered because of her," veteran singer and music composer Bhupen Hazarika told PTI.

"I was a famous Bengali singer and known for my Assamese tunes. But it was after she lent her voice to my compositions that I got universal recognition," Hazarika said.

"I could not go to wish her today but through you I am sending her wishes and pray she lives long to continue singing," Hazarika said.

For singer Manhar Udhas, Lata Mangeshkar was an institution in herself.

"I have sung a few hit songs from films like Abhimaan and Hero. I feel proud of the fact that I have been her colleague. Times may change but she will remain untouched. Her glory will live on," Udhas said.

Lata Mangeshkar's global fame can be gauged from the fact that the Royal Albert Hall, London, has recorded the graph of Lata's voice with the help of a computer which is by far the "Most Perfect" in the World.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can reveal that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with delivery of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=lyrics gipsy kings un amor ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you partake of the black methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the fall publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=net monitor for employees professional 3.4.1 (vista ready) ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the black methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM