Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WANNA KNOW HOW PRIYAMANI GOT HER FIRST BREAK? READ ON...


HOW IT HAPPENED
Being a Bharatiraaja find feels great, and working with technicians such as Balu Mahendra was wonderful. Yet the film that put me on the road of success is Paruththi Veeran. On hearing that Ameer was looking out for a heroine for his film, I met him at his office. I had planned to leave for Bangalore that evening. Just then I got a call asking me to report at Theni the next morning for a photo shoot! Unsure of what it meant, I went to Theni. After that, I heard nothing from the director. Later, I was at Ooty for a shoot, when congratulatory messages began pouring in. Perplexed, I asked what was happening and was told my pictures were in the Paruththi Veeran invites! Only then did I know I was in the film!

HOW IT FELT
Great. A real learning experience! Except the five main characters, the cast comprised actual villagers. Ameer made us observe their body language, dialect and mannerisms and perform accordingly. During dubbing too, he sat with me and helped me with the Madurai slang. It isn’t easy, you know!

HOW LIFE CHANGED
I was recently in Tiruchi for the shooting of Malaikkottai. People thronged the location to have a glimpse of Muthazhagu, the character I play in Paruththi Veeran. The accolades the film has won for me are unbelievable, and they are translating into worthy projects. What more can I ask for?

(Courtesy: The Hindu)

No comments:

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM