Wednesday, September 26, 2007

PAYAL ROHATGI DOESN'T WANT TO GET TYPECAST, SO SHE'S CHANGING HER IMAGE FROM A SEXY GAL TO GLAMOROUS BELLE: WHATEVER THAT MAY MEAN




Actor Payal Rohtagi of Corporate and Dhol fame is working hard to get an image makeover. Also, she has no qualms in accepting that things did go wrong in the past as her earlier films Tauba Tauba and Fun -- can be dangerous were branded as sleaze flicks.

"Yes, I was typecasted. But I am going through an image transformation now. It has taken about three years to get out of my previous image," avers Payal adding that she is moving ahead in her career.

She maintains that the process of transition hasn't been easy. "But, it's my struggle and I am fine with it," she says adding that she had an inkling that something was going wrong in her career.

"I had to face the consequences as nobody forced me into it. It was my decision. But I am happy I made those mistakes so early in her career. What if I had worked with Shah Rukh Khan and then goofed up!" quips the computer engineer-turned-actor adding that the mistakes have made her a mature person.

"I do not come from the industry. But I have realised that it's very important to work with senior directors and good production houses. It makes a lot of difference. Like in Dhol, I have a glamorous introduction, but it's not cheap but beautiful," she shares.

In the Priyadarshan directed film, she plays a a club singer opposite Arbaaz Khan. "It's a good role and has added to my growth as an actor," she avers.

How was the experience of working with the much acclaimed director? "It was great. He's one director I worship right now," exclaims the model who featured with cricketer Virender Sehwag in an ad campaign.

"The role has turned out exactly what he had told me. I am thankful to him for that," adds the actor. Some of her earlier films including Subhash Ghai's 36 China Town which was directed by Abbas-Mustan and Madhur Bhandarkar's Corporate were reasonably successful at the box-office. But she hasn't signed any more films as of now.

"Talks are on some films, but I'll finalise only after seeing the results of Dhol," she says adding that she has great expectation from the film.

So what's her ambition as an actor? "Dhol has me in the second lead. But I wish to upgrade to playing lead roles and want to be in the league of respected actors of the industry.

"At one point of time, I would like to shoulder a film on myself. I am putting my best efforts towards it," says Payal.

"I won't say that I dream of playing etched characters like Meena Kumari's in Pakeezah. Though I have seen the film 20 times but you can't compete with something as classic as that. So my focus is on doing some good work with good directors where I can grow as an actor," she concludes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After seeing Payal in Big Boss I guess she doesnt need image change but seriously needs attitude change,I have not seen her in the hindi films mentioned above ,she must have been in those films but it is as good as not being there,kindly do some good work and be humble to become a good actor ,skin show and 2 pieces wont land u a good role in A grade movie,seriously after coming out of big boss evaluate yourself honestly and instead of finding fault in others please do it in urself first

Anonymous said...

U r such a hyprocrite...what fans r u talking about...I dont think people even know u ; to b ur fans....I guess u need to learn humbleness....n to b urself....ur skin show isnt going to get u anywhere...u need to hv substance...which I feel u lack...May b all this attitude could get u a C grade film...I dont think u r any better than Sambhavana Seth...if she is downmarket n dirty...ur the same...just that ur more polished in being dirty....

Anonymous said...

hi payal u reallly luk gorgeous in the Purple sari photo shoot. And mam u got guts to say the truth, in big boss...all da best.

Anonymous said...

so hot

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM