Tuesday, September 25, 2007

ILLEANA IS REALLY GOING PLACES: TAKING BABY STEPS TO BOLLYWOOD


Tollywood has become the launch pad to Bollywood, especially for the heroines. In recent times, it started with Bhumika Chawla notching up a couple of some real good Bollywood films. Following in her footsteps, Asin is making her debut in the Hindi remake of Gazni. Sada, too, is busy shooting with Shreyas Talpade for a Sangeet Sivan film called Click, and she has another one, Love Game, in the pipeline with Randeep Hooda. Before we can actually exclaim, "Wow, the Tollywood babes are really going places", here comes the news that Illeana has signed a Bollywood flick opposite Shiney Ahuja.

Illeana shares her delightful news with us.

ON HER DEBUT IN BOLLYWOOD
Finally, I’ve made it to Bollywood. I have never been overzealous about my entry there. For me, the storyline is what matters and not the industry. But now since it’s happening, I’m only too happy.

ON HOW SHE SEES HERSELF IN BOLLYWOOD VIS-A-VIS OTHER HEROINES
I’m content with what I have. If others are also following suit, I’m happy for them too.

ON HER ITSY-BITSY ROLE IN POKIRI
Pokiri was Mahesh Babu’s film. So, there was no power struggle for me. I enjoyed shooting for it, liked working with Mahesh, and I am tremendously happy about it’s box-office success. And, unlike Mahesh, who seldom talks and is an introvert, I had a whale of time constantly chatting and having masti on the sets.

ON HER 'SERENDIPITOUS ACCIDENT' IN TOLLYWOOD
At 16, I was offered Dhairyam, a Telugu film, but it didn’t happen due to certain reasons. Later, Raima Sen did this film with Nitin.

ON WHAT FILM GAVE HER THE BEST SATISFACTION IN RECENT TIMES
I’m really proud about my film Rakhi. I feel I have given my best in the film.

ON WHAT TOPS HER PRIORITY LIST
The most vital thing in this world is unconditional love, which only family members can give. And without my small family, I’m no one.

ON WHAT SHE DOES WHEN NOT SHOOTING
I love catching up on films on DVD or reading a Sidney Sheldon.

No comments:

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM