Thursday, June 28, 2007

BOLLYWOOD BILLBOARD: NOTABLE QUOTES FROM BOLLYWOOD BADSHAHS

"I don't like it (the term Bollywood). I describe it as the Hindi film industry or the Indian film industry. Why call it something derived from a western name? Somehow I feel it is a little degrading. It has now found its way into the Oxford English Dictionary, so it's going to be there for eternity now."

-- Amitabh Bachchan talking to New Statesman

"Shah Rukh has recently bought an Audi A6 car for Aryan and Suhana (his children). Shah Rukh who already has five foreign-made cars wanted a safe and state-of-the-art car for his kids. The car has been delivered to him yesterday. The car is in the league of the most luxurious cars. Shah Rukh himself uses a BMW, which he is very fond of."

-- A source told Mumbai Mirror

"Hi Guys, this is Aamir. It's been 6 years since Lagaan released in theatres across the world, and while the DVD has been released all over, in India it has only just come out. Reason? My ignorance as a producer resulted in my signing a contract, which restricted me from releasing it for 5 years in India. In a day and age when DVDs release within weeks of the theatrical release, do you'll think people will be interested in Lagaan?"

-- Aamir Khan writes in his blog

"Yes, I really like it (his new film Aap Kaa Surroor, which is releasing today). When I had started shooting, people said I had gone crazy. I have not turned into an actor to merely fulfill my ambition. There was a conviction within me that acting will come naturally to me."

-- Singer Himesh Reshammiya on why he turned actor

"Absolutely. I mean this decision (to take up acting again) was taken after we (my husband and I) discussed the matter at length. We both kind of sat down and made a conscious decision whether I should be doing this or not and he has always supported me. He told me that if I don’t want to, I can sit at home and look after the kids. But, if you feel you want to do something, then I am with you all the way whatever the decision will be."

-- Madhuri Dixit tell Karan Johar on his show Koffee with Karan about how her husband supported her to take up acting

"If they (Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan) had any problems, why would they agree to do the second film together? I don't know what goes on in their heads, I don't know. But they were fine on the sets, sharing biryanis and jokes.

-- Producer Sajid Naidiadwala on the reported differences between Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan

No comments:

CHECK OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE NEWSROOM